You know it's our handpainted open-ended Waldorf pegdolls when you spot a heart on them! We wanted this to be a gentle reminder to be kind - to our kids, our family, our friends and people we meet. It's also a good conversation starter with our little ones about having a big heart and empathy.
Waldorf pegdolls typically come without a defined face so that children can associate the dolls with different emotions in their role-playing scenarios. When children play with dolls that are only smiling all the time, it may lead them to believe that only positive emotions are acceptable. We need to help children understand that all emotions are welcome and are healthy.
These pegdolls are handpainted by us, so the designs on each doll is unique! Each family set comes with 2 adult dolls and depending on the family size you choose, 1, 2 or 3 children/baby dolls.
IMPORTANT: For each family combination, kindly indicate your choices in the notes before you check out.
- E.g. Family of 5: 1 Male Adult, 1 Female Adult, 1 Male Child, 1 Female Child, 1 Baby
- Natural beech wood pegdolls
- Painted in water-based acrylic colour and coated with non-toxic sealant to protect from water
- Adult dolls: 8cm in height
- Children dolls: 6.5cm in height
- Baby dolls: 3.8cm in height
- Age recommendation: 2-5 years old